Saturday, February 14, 2009

Park City

Today I sit a Station 9 out on the west side of Salt Lake.  It is so boring and slow that the clock actually ticks backward.  I think I will be here for about 9 more shifts because their Captain is off on sick leave.  Maybe some day I will be able to recirculate back to the city and run some calls.
Anyway yesterday I took my little 4 year old boy to Park City Mtn to ski.  I can't believe how great of a skier he is.  He rips it up.  I need to get him to slow down a little bit but with the help of my dad he started slowing down.  The First Time lift is far superior than the Linx chair at Solitude.  It is longer and has more fall line changes.  The  only down side is the lift lines are longer and the there are more people on the runs.  Seems to make sense considering PC is 10x larger than Solitude.
I must say that the dudes riding in the Park were ripping it up.  I saw off axis 7's as well as switch 9's, rails getting destroyed.  Very impressive I wish I had it in me but I like to free ride.  I can't wait until Jackson can ride further up the mountain.  He is and will be fun to ride with.  
I am thinking about riding at Solitude tomorrow but may go to breakfast with the family after they get back from mass.
C-ya later.

No comments:

Post a Comment